Department: Westcoast Cloud
Reports to: Head of Azure Team
Location: Theale (Internal)
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 17:45pm
Contract type: Permanent
The Job Role
Over the last three years, Westcoast Cloud have seen massive growth. We’ve grown from a team of 4 to more than 40, and are a leading Microsoft Authorised Distributor with over 500,000 seats across our resellers in the UK and Ireland.
With further growth within our Cloud Solutions Provider team, we have the opportunity for an additional Business Development Manager to join the team. You’ll focus on our Microsoft Azure portfolio but will always been on the lookout for opportunities to grow our entire Cloud portfolio.
You will be managing and working proactively to build stakeholder relationships with small to medium enterprise resellers across the UK, focusing on driving Microsoft Azure utilisation and collaborating within our channel leading Azure team.
Most of your interaction with our account base will be by telephone/Teams – so you will be comfortable in picking up the phone and being on camera to build relationships, taking a consultative approach to understand their needs so that you can identify the best way to grow their Azure revenue, commercial capabilities, and account with Westcoast Cloud.
- Developing the account base’s Azure knowledge and skills, demonstrating growth and achieving team-based revenue and profit targets through partner enablement.
- Articulating our value-add and confidently differentiating between competitors
- Building professional relationships with accounts Business stakeholders and a strong understanding of the account base.
- Staying up to date with Azure skills relating to the sales process, including quotes, and working productively with the Sales Support team
We’re extremely service driven in our approach, so you’ll be able to take a customer first approach whilst working to tight guidelines and within a strict 2-hour SLA.
You’ll need some previous experience of solution selling within the IT channel, either at a distributor or reseller, but other than that all you need is the drive to succeed in a fast-paced, hard-working environment.
Some Cloud experience would be beneficial, but not essential as you will be working with a supportive, friendly, and supremely driven team – we’ll ensure that you given full training on the Azure Platform, and you’ll also have the opportunity to gain industry recognised accreditations.
- Manage the customer experience of our Microsoft Azure offering
- Provide customers with Quotes using the Azure Calculator
- Work with customers to drive usage of the Azure Platform
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Liaise with vendors where necessary in order to resolve vendor-related issues
- Monitor progress against customer SLA’s to ensure customer service levels are achieved
- Maintain & develop technical skills/certifications as required
- A track record in technology and/or technical sales, with experience selling in the IT channel (distributor or reseller)
- A proactive approach to account management and enablement
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Ability to adapt your approach to support both skilled and unskilled users
- Ability to adapt to changing situations with confidence and professionalism
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious – driven to succeed
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to learn and apply past experiences to situations
- Embraces collaboration and celebrates success
- A willingness to learn and committed to your own personal development
- A team player – The Azure team collaborate closely and frequently
What we offer
- Full training and on-going Learning and Development support, with excellent career progression
- Learning and Development opportunities with funded NVQ/work-based studies/professional qualifications
- Employee referral bonus
- Auto enrolment pension
- Lifeworks – instant access to a wide range of high street, leisure and utility discounts and perks
- Access to hassle-free virtual GP appointments
- Staff purchases – discounted IT, electronics, mobiles and accessories
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com